Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Le Boss (Sungai Petani)

This is my first post outside of Penang. The other day I went to Sungai Petani to meet up with my friend and together visited my other friend who just gave birth to a cute little daughter. So, I had the opportunity to have my lunch at Le Boss (Lagenda Height).




They serve western foods, some asian delights, steamboat and BBQ. They also provide some catering services. They have a fresh and nicely put interior decorations and they also have quite a few of aquariums inside the shop which was nice and soothing. I believe all these will look better at night.



I have no idea at first that they serve steamboat and BBQ, because I just went there from a friend's recommendation, plus I don't have enough time and crowd for that so I just opt to have their western foods.



Nadiah chose to have the mashed potato and mushroom soup served with toasted bread while I chose to have the salmon spice with salad, and macaroni with cheese as the sideline. Seriously, the foods was just so-so. The mushroom soup tasted just like from the can and a bit watery. The same goes with the mashed potato. Nothing special and the gravy was watery. As for my salmon spice, it tasted just like 'ikan goreng' as per what Nadiah said. I mean, the spice doesn't give any extra kick and quite bland and the tartar sauce tasted like a store bought. However praise for the cook because the fish is not smelly and macaroni with cheese was nice.  They also come in quite a big portion.

You see, I won't be this disappointed if the price was cheap because it is understandable that they have limited budget to prepare their own. However, with the price that they charged it was a bit overprice for  foods that tasted like a store bought. I'm sorry. Maybe they serve the BBQ and steamboat better. I don't know about this. I should go and try that some other day for further review.


Place : * * * * * (I love the aquariums)
Food : * * (as the above)
Price : * * (as the above)

No comments:

Post a Comment