Thursday, May 22, 2014

Char Koay Teow (Telur Ayam Dibasuh)



I am talking about the char koay teow in Sungai Dua, Butterworth. This place is just 10 mins from my house, and almost everyday I will travel past this place. The operating hours start in the evening till early morning around 1-2 am depending on the number of customers and close on Wednesday. However, I only eat there when I'm having visitors/friends over partly because of the limited seats especially during holidays (they have a lot of seats but still not enough during peak season) and limited car parks. Usually I will come here a bit late around 12 am, for easier access.

Putting that aside, they serve char koay toew/ fried flat noodles and nasik goreng udang/prawn fried rice. They also serve just the prawn for around RM6/plate. Char koay teow comes in small, big, or special. Special comes with a fried egg on top of the koay teow. Bare in mind the portion is quite small so ordering 'big' might still not enough to satisfy you if you are really hungry.


The taste is just nice but still depends on the cook because there were times when my char koay teow come out a bit tasteless and too watery. The pickled chili on the other hand is not spicy and goes well with the koay teow.

For the first timer, from Seberang Jaya, take the Sungai Dua exit and turn right at the traffic light. If you are coming from the Kepala Batas, after the Sungai Dua toll, take the exit on the left. This place is located next to the Hameediyah Nasi Kandar restaurant. There is a specific car park but limited in number so you can just park anywhere along the road.

Overall:

Place : * * * (Again parking problem but easy to access)
Food : * * * * (Minus the inconsistency)
Price : * * * * (Cheap but small portion)





2 comments:

  1. Been there once,but the taste just average. ...I prefer Adam's Char Koay Teow (Permatang Pauh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan.. Somehow I felt that this place is overrated hahaha.. I will put Adam's Char Koay Teow into my list.. thanks.. :-)

      Delete